Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) refers to entire arising relations between the company and all stakeholders, including customers, employees, communities, owners, the government, suppliers and even competitors. CSR represents a concept whereby BSM sincerely provides donation and assistance to the communities towards a better life and better environment. BSM activities in 2009 consistently referred to the basic concept of CSR: contributing to resolve or alleviate social problems, improvement in social behavior and achievement of social welfare.
CSR activities by BSM are aimed at:
1. Supporting social welfare and improving environment quality;
2. Supporting business practices to be transparent and responsible;
3. Creating a positive social change, especially in the environment where BSM is operating;
4. Improving positive image of BSM among the general public, and raising support for achieving business objectives of BSM;
5. Increasing the brand value of BSM by enhancing good reputation;
6. Improving public awareness about BSM through social activities.